Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I have combined 2 challenges today along with a sneak peek to a brand new set Birthday Cupcake from Treehouse Stamps being released this Friday!!! I LOVE cupcakes so when I received this set I was so excited!!! I wanted to play in the kwernerdesign color challenge to use Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White. And the sketch is from today's challenge on Splitcoast.



I had to put my thinking cap on for these challenges!!! LOL!!! I was digging through my stash of dp, thinking I had black and white polka dot or striped paper, nope!!! But I found this paper and thought it was fun so I went with it!! I stamped the cupcake twice, once on Papertrey White Select and again on the dp (sorry, there wasn't a name on it!) I cut the cupcake paper and candle and attached to the white layer. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug cutting out with my square Nestabilites. I cut a piece of Papertrey True Black with my scallop square Nestabilites. I added the Kaiser Black pearls in the corners, White Opal Liquid Pearls for the icing, yellow orange and Christmas Red stickles to the flame. I also highlighted the cupcake using my C1 Copic Marker. The base card is Papertrey White Select with a layer of Papertrey True Black and a layer of Basic Gray that was run through my Cuttlebug using my Happy Birthday embossing folder. I then cut out the Happy Birthday using my Ribbon Tag Trio Nestabilites, cutting out the white and running True Black through and attaching the white layer to the black. I used Papertrey True Black Twill and wrapped it around the black and gray layers, attaching to the white. Following Roxie's measurements, I cut the dp 3 5/8" sqaure and cut in half. I took my long scallop Nestabities to cut out and add below the dp. Lots of cranking with the Cuttlebug for this card!! LOL!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!! I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lori!
    That cupcake looks so yummy! Like the icing on the top! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That is the coolest cupcake I've ever seen! I could just lick that icing right off of there! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the icing. Yum makes you want cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!