Saturday, March 7, 2009

Still Hoping for Spring!


Still hoping and waiting for spring!! It is a beautiful sunny day here but I would love to be able to open up all the windows and have fresh air!! I wanted to participate in Sharon's challenge for this week, to heat it up! She challenged us to get out our embossing powder and of course keep it simple!! I loved Sharon's layout so I kept mine close to hers!! Since I made my tulip card last Sunday I wanted to use the cute little chick in the set, Spring Blessings from Treehouse Stamps! I stamped the chick once with Memento Tuxedo black, I then stamped it a second time in Versamark and used my black detail embossing powder. I then glued on yellow fun flock!! I cut the stamped image out using my Labels 2 Nestabilites and also cut out a piece of True Black cardstock using the next largest size die. I cut the embossed chick out and attached with dimentionals. I ran a piece of Papertrey White Select through my Cuttlebug using my Spring Blooms embossing folder, cutting the piece down a little smaller than the base card. I added a piece of True Black cardstock and then a piece of this great dp from Making Memories. I stamped the Spring (SU Season by Season) sentiment in Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. I tied a piece of SU black grosgrain in a ribbon in a ribbon and finally added the image panel with dimentionals.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is just darling! What a fun and spring-like image and I LOVE your combo of the black, white and yellow -- so crisp and fresh!!! A GREAT card for this challege - just love it and so glad you played -- thanks much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! Love everything a about it..colors, paper, layers/dimension, cute image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!