Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Trigger

Hi everyone!!  If you've been following my blog you know that I have dedicated this month to Breast Cancer Awareness and having pink in my cards.  Today's doesn't because I was so drawn to this gorgeous sweater for today's Tuesday Trigger.  Isn't it gorgeous and the colors fun?!  It is most definately sweater weather in Minnesota today!!  Temps are down, real windy and rainy.  Yuck!!  My card is also for Kim's Cancer is for the birds Hop You Can Cling To challenge, this weeks CPS sketch and for Janice's color challenge on Stamp TV, muted colors.  I used white cardstock for my base card and used my Tea Dye Duo to mute it, I did the same thing with the sweet corn layer but I also distressed along the top and bottom to go along with the fringe in the sweater.  The white layer was also muted but prior to that I ran it through with my woodgrain impression plate.  I had to add the buttons like in the sweater!!  :)  I'm not sure if you can see in the picture but I used a tiny bit of yellow in the birds tail to mimic the small amount of yellow in the sweater.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gina K Winter Wings
Paper:  Gina K Pure Luxury White & Sweet Corn
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye Duo
Tools/Accessories:  Gina K buttons, button twine, Pop Dots, Distressor, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Copics:  E41, E42, E44, E55, E57, E59, Y35
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love chickadees and your card is so sweet with this bird on it. Excellent take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Your card is beautiful! You captured the trigger so well! I love the embossed woodgrain and the woodsy feel. Perfect!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the essence of that image perfectly and yes, it is sweater weather up north! We've enjoyed warm weather for so long, now its tim efor winter to make a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I love how your card captures not only the colors of the sweater but also the feel of sweater weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lori! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!