Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone!!  I found a new to me sketch challenge blog, Freshly Made Sketches!!!  I just love this weeks sketch so of course I had to play along!!!   This was a fun card to make, it was one of those that I went into my room with an idea but things kept coming to me while I was working on it!!  I colored the leaves and acorns from  Melanie's A Year of Borders set, cut them out and added foam tape.  The gorgeous sentiment is from Melanie's Stately Flowers 5 set and was heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I wrapped Linen Burlap around a layer of Ivory and gold cardstock.  Love the rustic look!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the burlap! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I just love how you used the burlap. Such a fabulous Thanksgiving feel to this! Glad you found us and thrilled that you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Thanksgiving card Lori! Love the texture from the burlap. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Thanksgiving Card. I love the colors and the way that you frayed the edges of the burlap. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!