Smiling while Stamping: CSS Alumni Hop!!

Monday, December 17, 2012

CSS Alumni Hop!!

Hi everyone and welcome to December's CSS blog hop!!  You should have arrived from the fabulous Linda's blog!!  A complete list of participants is on Stamp TV!!
This month Linda challenged us to a color challenge, non-traditional Christmas colors, absolutely no red or green.  Typically I am a traditional kind of girl so this was a fun challenge, thanks Linda!!
The first color combo that came to mind when I read what our challenge was, brown, yellow and ivory.   I knew I wanted to use the dp from Merry Little Christmas Patterned Paper Pack so I went with Warm Cocoa, Sweet Corn and Ivory.  I embossed the Merry Christmas from Becky's set Mistletoe Memories set using  bronze embossing powder, I thought it went really well with the Warm Cocoa cardstock.  I needed an embellishment, I dug around in my stash and found these pearls that went really well with the Sweet Corn cardstock!

Then this idea came to me and I really like it!!!  Black on black with gold!!  I knew I wanted to use this beautiful tree from Theresa's set Joyful Holiday set, it is so pretty!!  You can easily dress it up by adding some bling as ornaments but I decided against it, I couldn't get things to look right.  The black Satin Gold-Edge Ribbon went perfectly!!

That's all for me, thanks so much for stopping by!!  Now head on over to Melissa's blog!!

Photobucket

48 comments :

NJMullins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NJMullins said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the elegant look of the gold on black

Miesje said...

Love them but that gold tree is amazing! Love it.

Cheri said...

Well, it looks to me like you got all the ingredients just right, Lori! Your cards are stunning!

Sharri said...

Lori, I love both of the cards and the colors you used!

Melissa Cash said...

Very pretty cards Lori! I love the one with the gold tree.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh that tree card is so awesome! Gorgeous in the black and gold~

Marsha said...

Really like the addition of the pearls on the first card. Second card is so elegant. Both beautiful.

stampqueen said...

Both cards are just beautiful - love them both!!

buggin2stamp said...

Beautiful cards. Love the color combo of brown, yellow and ivory. Will have to try that one.

joy said...

Beautiful cards - love the gold and black -- so very sophisticated!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous cards Lori!!! They are so elegant and beautiful!!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Beautiful cards.

Anita said...

Gold and black together is beautiful.

Doris W. said...

I'm partial to your second card. Gorgeous and elegant! Beautiful black and gold and that ribbon sets it all off.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Great Non traditional color cards Lori!!

catdidit said...

LOve that gold tree one especially!

Gayle said...

Beautiful gold on black card, Lori.

Maria said...

love it. did beautiful work

Ina said...

Both cards are so pretty but really love your gold tree as I have already mentioned elsewhere. Love that they are both beautiful simple stunning cards.

redwasher1 said...

Lori, love both cards but the black and gold really pops!!!

Nancy said...

Love your cards Lori....Merry Christmas!

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty Pretty! The black and gold is so rich and elegant!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful cards, both of them. Love the elegance of the black and gold one, and the richness of the other. Gorgeous cards Lori! I love your work.

meemee48 said...

Non-traditional, but very elegant!

Kitty said...

Very pretty cards. I especially like the black and gold.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb May said...

love that tree!!!!!!

naneruth said...

Lovely.

Kathryn A said...

Classy cards, Lori! Love them both!

Sherry said...

I love the tree!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both your cards are wonderful but the gold against the black is so elegant looking.

Lydia Hallum said...

One of the most beautiful cards I've seen this season. Excellent for this particular year.

Pamela said...

What an elegant card. I love it.

cmoch said...

such wonderful ideas and lovely cards

Connie Ludgate said...

Oooooh that gold tree on the black card is gorgeous.

Linda said...

I love that golden tree!

Anne Fairclough said...

Your cards are Regal....beautiful.

Char said...

I just watched Gina's video with this wonderful tree on red, and now after seeing how you used it on black, oh my -- more choices. Beautiful card!

Angie said...

Gorgeous cards Lori! So elegant! Merry Christmas!

MsJudyC said...

Very classy cards, beautiful.

Unknown said...

LOVE the twirly tree! and the first card is very classic
thanks
Holly

Tmac said...

Love these very classy.

Pat Jandacek said...

Beautiful CAS cards. TFS and have a merry Christmas!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow your cards are so beautiful. I love that tree and the embossing you did on it. Simple but elegant. Thanks for the inspiration. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Linda K.

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful, and oh so elegant!!

Ava Gavloski said...

elegant cards, great showcasing of the gina k designs
ava g

Dee said...

Very elegant designs. Especially like the black and gold card--very rich and regal-look!