Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A few cards to share!!!

Hello!!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!! We had a very nice, relaxing weekend!! On Saturday we went to a car show that we have gone to for a few years, it is small but grows every year! We know a few people that go every year, they have free food and drink, lots of cool cars, makes for a great day!! On Sunday I participated in a number of challenges that were going on in the Wish RAK forum on SCS, I spent the majority of the day stamping, it was wonderful!! I thought I would share a few cards with you that I made!! Here goes!!

This first card I made for the "Fun in the Sun" challenge. I purchased these stamps when I was in Ocean City last weekend. I absolutely love them and knew I wanted to use them for this challenge as soon as it was posted!! I took a piece of creamy caramel cardstock and stamped the grass toward the top, I then took one of the images in my Itty Bitty Backgrounds set and stamped below. I stamped the birds separate and cut them out, I wanted to give the appearance of them being closer, I popped them up with dimentionals and added the beautiful ribbon I received through the wish rak and decided to add a seashell I got from the beach! I attached the scene to my designer paper from Papertrey and attached to Papertrey White Select cardstock. Love the Papertrey cardstock, it is so sturdy!!






My second card was for the sketch challenge. I so love High Hopes Stamps!! I could not resist buying this stamp when I saw it!! This stamp is called Jolie's Little Friend. I colored this image with my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. Her hands, feet and face were colored with my Copic marker Skin white. This beautiful designer paper is from Printworks. It is so beautiful!! I attached it to some beautiful lovely lilac textured cardstock I received through the Wish RAK and attached that to Elegant Eggplant carstock. The ribbon is also Elegant Eggplant. This was such a fun, easy sketch with many possibilites!!


This last card I wanted to share with you is for the featured stamper challenge I participated in. We were to case a card from a member that was chosen. She used this stamp set, Happy Harmony. I still really like this stamp set and haven't used it in a while so I thought I would pull it out! Again I used the Papertrey white select cardstock, and Papertrey designer. The scalloped circle I made with my large circle Nestabilities using Pretty in Pink cardstock. For the flower panel I used Papertrey white select, used my SU markers to color in the pink flower and the stems, I ran my Berry Sorbet pad over the other 2 flowers, I really like this color combo, I think it is so pretty!! The ribbon I had in my stash and just tied a bow going around the designer paper panel. I used stickles on the petals that are "falling". Just a little glitter but it really added so much!!
I hope you have enjoyed these cards, I had a great time creating them!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Lori,I Love your beach card! I need to get mine mounted and make a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! All your cards are beautiful, Lori! Nice job on them!!

    Have a good evening!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards Lori. I esp like the high hopes Jolie card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!