Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day Card


I was able to get my Dad's Father's Day card done!! I am pleased with it also!! It was so fast and easy, love those!! This set makes it so easy to make simple cards! I used Papertrey's Spring Moss for the frog and reeds, Papertey Aqua Mist for the water and Adirondak Espresso for the Dad sentiment and the cattails. I decided to apply Fun Flock to the cattails and Dew Drops in the corners to add a little more to the card. I didn't want to use ribbon but I knew it needed something more. A little tip if you use Dew Drops or Bella Baubles: if you plan on mailing the card, add a piece of cardstock. I did not do this with one card I sent to a very good friend of mine and the Dew Drops were shattered when she received the card. The cardstock will serve as a cushion and they won't shatter! I felt so bad that happened to the card I sent her! I will get this card in the mail tomorrow so my dad will receive it in time!
Thanks again so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Cooool, love the funflock on the cattails. Also love how you kept it a one-layer card...love those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!! I love the fun flock that you added!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!