Saturday, June 14, 2008

PTI Guest Star Stamper Entries

Good evening!! I hope you are having a good weekend!! Today my youngest son was playing in a mid season baseball tournament. It was a perfect day for baseball!! The temps were perfect, the sun was shinning and there was a beautiful breeze!! He pitched in both games and did super, I am so proud of him!! They tied the first game and lost the second game. Both were great and so fun to watch!!
Onto my cards. Both were submitted for the Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest. They were submitted for the Honey Bee stamp set. For the first card I wanted to create a scene. I started out using the grass stamp and used Papertrey's Spring Moss ink, I then sponged Aqua Mist at the bottom of the cardstock. I then sponged Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise at the top, to kind of give a type of sunset look. I stamped the fish from the Pond Life set, stamping them in Adirondack Espresso ink. I dotted some yellow Stickles for their eyes. For the bees, I stamped them in Adirondack Pitch Black and along the lines I added yellow Stickles again. I used my word window punch, broke up the sentiment and stamped again using Adirondack Espresso ink, I then added Dew Drops.
My next card I used my Scor-Pal and scored lines at an angle on both the Papertrey White Select cardstock and Basic Black. You can't tell because of the ribbon but the lines match up!! I was pretty happy about that. I used Lemon Tart polka dot ribbon and wrapped around the back and applied that layer to the white. I stamped the bee in Versamark and embossed with black detail emboss powder, the middle portion of the bee is stamped in Lemon tart. I cut the black and white circles using my Nestabilites. The Lemon Tart layer is cut using my scallop circles Nestabilities. I embossed the Queen Bee sentiment and cut out using my Cuttlebug tags and attached the ribbon through the hole on the side. I really enjoyed making these cards. I thought and thought of an idea and had just about given up hope and then one night earlier in the week it came to me!! Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lori! These are GREAT!! I'm really lovin' that second one!

    GOOD LUCK in the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! I really like the bee card, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to contact site admin urgently. Can you understand me?
    Hope for answer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!