Sunday, June 29, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake and Featured Stamper Challenges


Good Sunday to you!!! I have a couple of challenge cards to share with you today. The first is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge card. I also made this card for my brother-in-law who is having a birthday next month. This image is from Hanna Stamps, Hammock Riley. Isn't he adorable!! This is so my brother-in-law too!!! Taylor's sketch was perfect for this image!! I colored Riley with my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and Blending stumps. I love the cute little frufru drink he has on the gournd too!! Hehe!! The main card is Kraft from SU, along with Textured and Designer paper from SU. I used my Papertrey Mixed Messages set for the sentiment, cutting the white and blue cardstock with my Nestabilites. The ribbon is May Arts I purchased in a ribbon share quite a while ago. Such pretty ribbon!!






My second card was for the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I traded some images with a friend on SCS and could not wait to color it, this is another adorable stamp from High Hopes, I absolutely love their stamps and wish I could have them ALL!!! This image is called Little Sand Architect, too cute!! I wish I would have gone with different colors, too many yellow type colors to me. I also colored with my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I used Kraft cardstock from SU for this card along with SU dp and the same ribbon as I did on the card above. I wanted to pull more color from the image. I used my Oval Nestabilites to cut out the image and the black panel. I found this cute sunglasses brad in my stash that I purched from Eyelet Outlet.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wowza! Both cards are fantastic! I absolutely love your coloring! :D I don't have that Riley stamp yet but I think you just convinced me to get him! :D He looks so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are cute Lori!! Love that Riley card you did for Taylor's Challenge ... very fun.

    Oh and I tagged you, so check out my blog when you get a chance and play along if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Love the colors and that Little Sand Architect is PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 AWESOME cards!!! I so LOVE your coloring!! Wish you lived closer I could use another lesson!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!