Monday, July 21, 2008

My Baseball Star & Dirty Dare '08



Hello!!! So sorry I have not updated in the last few days. Baseball took over our life from Thursday through Sunday. The team won the first game of the tournament, lost the second and won the final 3 for the consulation bracket. Here is a picture of my baseball star!! The team was a great bunch of kids that had such a super time playing, played hard as a team, and excellent communication!! It was a fun season!!


So now that the season is officially over, Mom has more stamping time!!! And I think my mojo has come back, yea!!! Just in time as today started the "Dirty Dare '08" on Splitcoast. If you are a member of the fan club on Splitcoast you are able to see and participate in any or all of the challenges. I participated in the challenges last year and had a blast!!! This years theme is "A Day in the Life of a Dirty Girl". All this week current and former dirty girls will be hosting challenges and I hope to be able to participate in all of them! The nice thing for me is they are posted in the morning so I have some time to think about what I would like to do and get busy after work!!!

For tonights card I decided to combine the 2 challenges posted today as I just received my big order from High Hopes Stamps and had to get them mounted on EZ Mount!! I have mentioned it before but in case you have missed it, I absolutely LOVE High Hopes Stamps!!!! They just had a new release with a bunch of awesome stamps!! I hope you don't mind but I will probably be using them for a bunch of cards this week and beyond!!

Jody hosted a challenge today to use ribbon as your inspiration. Jody is a confessed ribbon addict so we wouldn't expect anything different from her!!! I visit her blog often and she makes such beautiful cards and is so creative!! Laurie's challenge for today was to use vellum. Laurie is also very talented and her cards are so beautiful as well!!! While reading Jody's thread on the challenges she posted some pictures of all of her ribbon, all I can say is WOW!!!! I was inspired by one of the pictures that had several spools of black gingham ribbon. I have some but just don't use it much so I decided to go with that!! I chose to use my new Rubbin' Nosies from High Hopes since skunks are black and white. I embossed the image with black detail embossing powder and colored the little girl skunk's bow on her head with my SU ! real red marker. I attached that layer to real red and basic black cardstock. I dug through my stash for vellum and repeated the layers. To attach the bottom layers I punched holes in the corners for heart brads from Making Memories. I rounded all of the corners to soften the card. I embossed the sentiment on vellum and attached a couple more heart brads. I tied the black gingham ribbon along the side in a bow. Simple and quick, love those kind of cards!!
Thanks so much for being patient with me and stopping back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!