Sunday, August 3, 2008

Taylor & Featured Stamper!

Hi everyone!!! Sorry for being such a blog slacker!!! I was real busy with all the Dirty Dare challenges, which I will share with you over time!! There are quite a few and I don't want to bombard you all at once!!! Life is still busy here!!!
I have a couple of cards to share with you that I made today!! The first card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge from Friday. It was a real fun sketch!!! I really like the long rectangle and knew right away that I would use this cuuuute Tuxedo Love Bear stamp from Whipper Snapper! I think this little guy is soooo sweet!! I colored the image using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I popped up the heart, the "e", the rose and his cumberbun and tie. I added some little pearls I have for the buttons and on his nose I applied liquid glass. The hearts are cut out using my heart Nestabilites and the love word is from my Borders and Corners heart set, love the font!! The card seemed to plain so I decided to add paper piercing, which I didn't do too well with today!! Ack!!!
My second card is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast. This weeks featured stamper is shellapoo and she has a fun gallery!!! For this challenge I chose to use my retired Happy Harmony set from Stampin Up. This is such a nice set!! I used my watercolor wonder crayons and colored directly on the stamp, misted the stamp with water and stamped on watercolor paper, I just love the effect of this technique!!! After it dried, I cut the image and sentiment out with my oval Nestabilites and applied the layer to a layer of Handsome Hunter. On the Very Vanilla layer, I ran that through my Cuttlebug using my Birds and Swirls embossing folder, then running the ribbon around and tying it into a bow. That layer was attached to a layer of Taken with Teal and then the main card is Papertrey White Select. This color combo happened completely by accident but I really like it!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!







4 comments:

  1. Great Blog! I like blogs like this. Thank you for sharing your kind words, I would have to say that I agree. Good job on the layout, color scheme, and content. I like this blog!


    Search Engine for Internet Marketing
    Add URL, Blog, Business, etc FREE
    RSS 1,000's of links for marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tuxedo bear is soooo cute!! I love the Happy Harmony set also, great cards Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are adorable and who wouldn't adore that cute bear, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teddy bear card so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!