Saturday, September 27, 2008

Carmel Apples!!!


Hi everyone!!! Happy Saturday to you!!!! My card today combines 2 challenges, Taylor's cupcake challenge and the OCC challenge. I followed the sketch that Taylor had on her blog and for the OCC challenge it was to use stiching, real or faux, the restriction being, we could not use white!!! I had this image colored of these yummy apples for a different challenge a while back but could not incorporate it the way that I wanted so I set it aside. I thought it would be perfect for today's challenges!!! I received this image on the PIF thread on Splitcoast (Thanks Karen!!!), I colored the image using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I applied liquid glass over the carmel areas. I waited until it was completly dry and applied stickes. The candy corn was a little tricky since areas are so small and can be a bit tough to get out just the right amount!!! I chose to do faux stitching and did that around the entire outside of the image. The main image is on a layer of Dark Chocolate cardstock, the dp is from K & Company, Fall Harvest Mat Pad. Very fun and pretty paper!!! My good friend Denise picked it up and sent it to me. Thanks bud!!!! I LOVE it!!!! I attached 4 different patterns to another layer of Dark Chocolate cardstock and then ran this fun twill around it. Last year in the Wish RAK my good friend Lena sent this fun twill to me!!! Perfect for this card. The base is Papertrey White Select, perfect for the base!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, the apples seriously look good enough to eat. Love that green twill too. Everything works together beautifully. Love the clean design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is ever so gorgeous! Love that image. I have one all stamped, colored and ready to go, too. You're inspiring me to get it on a card - quickly! I've never seen green twill like that - I love it!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! YUM! Fabulous! Looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your cards are always fab and you've left me drooling and craving a caramel apple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super yummy card Lori!! I can taste the caramel now!LOL! Great job on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Yum Yum...Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMMMY! Love that paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is just terrific- love the embellishing on the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous apples love what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those apples look real!!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!