Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heart to Heart


Hi everyone!!!! Today's card serves quite a purpose. I made it using today's sketch challenge on SCS, but the purpose of this card is to send a thank you to a care giver of someone suffering from Alzheimers. Cammie has a monsterous amount of blog candy being offered with HUGE thanks to many many generous stampers and stamp companies!!! This is near and dear to me as my Grandmother had Alzheimers disease and passed away many years ago from it. I will be sending this card to the home that cared form Cammie's grandmother before her passing in July. Thanks so much Cammie, the many stampers that have made cards and the wonderful companies who have given generously!!!
I wanted a fun card and one that would put a smile on the recipients face. I chose this adorable stamp from High Hopes, called Jolie's Little Friend Typically I think of this stamp as more of a spring or summer type, but I wanted to use this great paper that my great friend Denise picked up and sent to me. Thanks bud!!!! **WAVING HI** I chose fall colors and used my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps to color the image. I highlighted the image using my Copic Cool Gray #1 and used my white gel pen to add little dots on her cheek!!! The image is stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and mounted on Dark Chocolate cardstock. I added orange Bella Baubles in the corners. I then used my brand spankin new Nestabilites Ribbon Tags for the sentiment, ran chocolate ribbon through and added baubles on the outside!! They don't look orange in the picture but they are the same as the corners!!! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, Simple Little Things. This set cannot be purchased from Papertrey as it was a gift to those who purchased 12 sets last year. Love the set, has so many great sentiments!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME job Lori!! Love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lori! Definately feels like fall with those beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome in every way! Love the plaid paired with the yellow autumn print, and what a perfect image to go with the fall colors. Love how you left a lot of white space around the outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, Lori! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Lori!! So stinkin' adorable!!! And your coloring is amazing!! Guess this will have to go on my stalking list!! LOL And it's been so cool to see all the cards made in response to Cammie's blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cute!!! And for such a great cause! Your cards are so AWESOME Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!