Thursday, September 11, 2008

Triple Challenge cards!!


Hi there!!! Are you as happy as I am that tomorrow is Friday?!! My cards today are for a few challenges on Splitcoast. Every month members of the Splitcoast fan club can participate and play along with the Dirty Dozen. There are several challenges posted, one being the More is More challenge. I have always been afraid to try it, I was intimidated, didn't think I could do something more to a card and make it look good. Well, my great friend Denise sent me these great images from Whipper Snapper (Fall Mailbox) and given that it is so fall like here in Minnesota, I really wanted to color these up and decided to use them in 3 challenges!!! Thanks again so much bud!!! *waving hi*

As with all my recent cards, I colored the image using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I used my Oval Nestabilites to cut a whole in the middle of the Pumpkin Pie textured cardstock. I then took a couple of larger Oval Scalloped Nestabilites (taht I received through the Wish RAK, thanks Ellen!!!), cut a whole in the middle and attached it over the oval. I cut out a second set of pumpkins that I colored and used pop dots to raise them. I attached the pumpkin/mailbox image behind the pumpkin layer. I then attached that layer to the Always Artichoke cardstock. I then took Dark Chocolate Twill and ran it around the corners and finished the first card off by attaching those layers to Dark Chocolate cardstock. For the second card, to add "more" I took my Taylor's Tiny Twinkles that I got from Taylored Espressions and added them in all the scallops, I so LOVE these little gems, you get several different sizes in the package and they add sooo much!!!

I almost forgot to mention, I used my clear Sakura Gelly Roll pen to highlight the entire image, for the butterflies I colored them in my yellow Sakura Gelly Roll pen and for the flowers I used the same pen only in red. Since I added the tiny twinkles, I am also going to add this card for the Dirty Dozen Product and Material Focus: Bling. And I am entering the second card for the monthly Wish RAK contest to make a fall card!! I love doing multiple challenges, though I haven't made it past 3 yet!! Need to work on that!!! I do beleive I have covered all the details on these cards!!


And here are both cards together!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love that image, now I need to color mine! Love the added "Bling"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, but I think I like the MORE card better with the twinkles and popped up pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori both of these cards are fantastic! Love em! Of course I like the more better! Bling is always better!LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!