Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Toys!!!


Hello!!! Happy Saturday to you!!! It is cold here but the sun is finally shinning today!!! Today's card is for the color challenge that Ashley posted on Paper Craft Planet, to use Old Olive, Certainly Celery, White and Vanilla (tag CCNOV1508). In yesterday's mail I received a bunch of toys from Ashley at Treehouse Stamps!!!! To say I am excited is definately and understatement!!! I didn't get a change to play last night but the ideas were racing through my head!!!! I decided to use the tree from the Christmas Favorites set. I wanted to use the new Margarita Chunky Glitter. It is gorgeous and so sparkly, I wish the camera would pick it up better!!!
I stamped the tree in my Essential Glue Pad and stamped on Curious Iredscent Crygen White cardstock. I then sprinkled my glitter over. I then added Opal Liquid Pearls randomly on the tree. White that was drying, I cut the scalloped oval Nestabilites in the Old Olive cardstock. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then used a smaller plain oval Nestability to cut out the Certainly Celery layer. I attached the two layers and then took Satin Ivory ribbon and ran it around the corners of the 2 layers. I wanted to add the O Christmas Tree sentiment from the set, but really felt it would be too much and take from the beauty of the tree. I had a great time making this card and am happy with how it turned out!!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I hope you have a terrific weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that when you click on a pic in blogger, it gives you the gigantic version. That green glitter looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you are soo lucky to get that happy mail! Great job on this card. I love that you used glitter on the solid areas. I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lori!! Great job w/the colors!! Love the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! Love this card. Great happy mail obviously!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!