Monday, January 19, 2009

Dude Card, No Flowers!!


Howdy! Today's card is for the High Hopes challenge from Sunday. Niki challenged us to make a dude card and NO flowers!! Yikes!! LOL!! So I decided to use Tobaggon Joyride and Snowy Slopes from High Hopes. Aren't they so fun!! These cuties reminded me of when my boys were little and we would take them to Central Park and they would go sledding!!! Sometimes all three of them would go down together and smile just like these guys!!! Hehe!!! I colored them using my copic markers and then cut the image out. I then stamped the snowy slopes background, masked off and sponged for the sky. I cut out a separate set of trees, and popped them up on pop dots. I then took the bottom portion and applied Doodlebug Velvet flock to the entire bottom portion. Some areas I attempted to give the look of more piled up snow unfortunately it doesn't look too good, I think next time I need thinner glue and not glop it on as much!! Since it was to be a dude card, I decided to tear around the image. I then applied to a piece of Dark Chocolate and tore again. It looked to plain against the Handsome Hunter cardstock so I pulled out my Basic Grey Infuse pack and thought this paper went well!! I applied the tobaggon image with pop dots, I thought it would look more like they were flying down the hill that way!! It was such a fun card to make!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! Love how you cut it out and popped it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! I love it! I really need to expand my HH collection. Where is that money tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Lori! Love the snow and the popped up image, which is colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!