Friday, January 23, 2009

Paint it Black



Hello!! My card is for the Limited Supplies Challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge was to use a black base card. I never make a card with a black base!! My thinking had to go in the opposite direction with this card!! And I have to say, it wasn't easy!! LOL!!! I decided to use this cute Party Dragon stamp from Lelo Stamps available at Treehouse Stamps. He is so much fun!!! I colored him using my Copic Markers and cut the image out using my Curved Rectangle Nestabilites. Then came the tricky part, deciding what I was going to layer with!! I looked through my stash of designer paper, I decided to not go that route, since we were to use the black card base to make a pop, I didn't want to cover up too much. I found some Bazill cardstock in lighter green and went with that, also cutting with the curved rectangle Nestabilites. The next trick was to decide what else to add so the card didn't look so boring. I decided on this ribbon I found in my stash from Bo Bunny. I had thought about putting a sentiment there but it didn't look right, too blah. My Papertrey Mixed Messages set was sitting on my desk and I thought the little birthday wishes sentiment would go perfectly!!! I LOVE this set so much, it has fit the bill so many times!!! My final touch was to add Robins Nest Dew Drops in the corners of the curved rectangles. Fun challenge!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. A whole LOT of cuteness going on here...the party dragon is adorable, love those curved rectangle nesties, and yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh he's cute!!!! Love the big bow at the top. I might need those curved rectangles after all ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!