Saturday, January 24, 2009

True Friend


I did a couple cards today for Taylor's challenges and this is the first. I am going to do separate posts for linking reasons. This card is actually for 2 challenges, Jami's sketch challenge and Basic Grey's challenge. For Basic Grey's challenge today we were to use 2 dp's, a button, 3 brads and one ribbon with bow. This sketch fit perfectly for Basic Grey's challenge!! I received this stamp from one of the secret exchanges and I just love it!! It doesn't have any markings so I am not sure who makes it. I stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out using my long rectangle Nestabilites and the layer behind in black using my long scallop Nestabilites. The dp is from Basic Grey's Gypsy paper pack. Both layers are attached to a layer of black cardstock. I attached all the layers except the main layer and ran the ribbon around to tie the bow, I attached the main layer and added the button. Finally I added the black brads in the corners and attached the Very Vanilla base card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, oh wow I love your card ~ the sentiment is gorgeous and love the sketch - so pretty.
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. the sentiment is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card...I love the sentiment!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love that BG line! Beautiful done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card. The sentiment and the colours are so lovely.

    Thank you for joining us this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sentiment and a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for playing at BG this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card and I love the sentiment! Such a lovely design and I love the paper you used. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lori - this is just beautiful! Love everything about it - especially the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!