Saturday, February 7, 2009

PTI Bitty Dots Challenge


Hi everyone!! My card is for Nichole's Bitty Dots challenge. What a fun challenge!!! I decided to make a birthday card using 2 of Papertey's sets, It's a Celebration and Birthday Basics. After just using the Ocean Tides color, I really wanted to use it again!! It is so pretty!! I started out by

stamping the bottom portion of the cupcake in Ocean Tides, I chose the frosting with the dots to go along with the theme of the challenge (hehe) and stamped it in Dark Choloate. I then used my smallest SU! circle punch, I punched out a larger circle in Ocean Tides and for the scallop layer I used my scallop circle Nestabilites and cut out with Dark Chocolate. I then stamped the image with Ocean Tides on Papertrey White Select and cut that panel out with my rectangle Nestabilites. The Ocean Tides layer was cut out using my scallop rectangle Nestabilites and then I cut out a piece of Dark Chocolate to fit. I then cut 2 strips of Ocean Tides satin ribbon and 1 of Dark Chocolate satin ribbon, I thought that would be something different than cardstock. I added Pebbles Brown Candy Dots, love those, they are so fun and fit in so nice!! The base card is Dark Chocolate with a layer of Ocean Tides and Papertrey White Select. Quick easy card!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh. This is beautiful! I love the color scheme and all the layers. Those brown candy dots are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't have that set with the cupcake yet!! Going on my wishlist. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!