Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long-Time Friend


Happy April Fools Day!! I'm not good at playing jokes on others but I need to be careful with my oldest and youngest sons today. I fall for jokes every single time, they know to get me when I least expect it!! Today's card is for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast. I used my long retired but much loved Long-Time Friend. I didn't get this set when it first came out but was lucky enough to buy it on the b/s/t forums on Splitcoast!! I colored the image on Very Vanilla cardstock with my copic markers E19, E35, E37, E57, G99 and the image was hightlighted with R00. I thought about using brown for the layers but really liked the pop of the black!! The dp is from Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper pad, Papertrey Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon and Papertrey black and Hibiscus buttons in the corners. Love these buttons!! I used Flower Soft on the flowers, it is so fun and adds so much!! The flowers on the right side I used Lemon Flower Soft, the bottom left is Summer Flower Soft and the top left flowers I used Sweet Pea Flower Soft.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty!! Love long-time friend.

    ....and I wish they had those buttons in all the PTI colors. I'd love some in Plum Pudding and Summer Sunrise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!