Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mom


Today's card is for my first Verve challenge with a twist. I found the challenges last month but was scared to try!! See every Friday on Verve's member companies forum on Splitcoast they post a sketch challenge with some type of twist and some are hard!! LOL!!! I was looking last night and decided to start with an easy one. The twist was to use a lot of white and no more than 2 colors of cardstock. I thought about trying white on white but thought that might look funny with what I wanted to do. Seems that my cards lately have to give me some grief and for today's card the grief was embossing, shouldn't be hard now should it? Well even though I used my embossing and once very heavily I still could not get rid of some of the straggling dots, ugh!! So after trying 4 times, yes FOUR times, I finally gave in and stamped the flowers and Mom in Versamark, inked in Versafine Black Onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I WIN!! Ha! I added some Swarovski black crystals to the centers of the flowers from the punch and in the circle for a little added something.
My Mom's birthday is on Saturday so this card is going in the mail today!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Paper: Papertrey White & True Black
Ink: Versamark & Versafine Black Onyx
Tools/Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilites, Papertrey True Black Satin Ribbon, Swarovski Crystals, Martha Stewart Floral Lace Edge Punch

6 comments:

  1. I love your card! I just found your blog and I love your cards! I will be visiting often! I love NASCAR too! I am a Kasey and Carl fan! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori I absolutely LOVE THIS!!! It is sooo beautiful mom will love it to pieces!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elegant black/white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love every card you make! I love making cards but wish mine were as gorgeous as yours!
    Blessings,
    Kim xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Great card, TFS!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SP Color Combos Creator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!