Friday, July 17, 2009

Just Because


Dawn sure likes to pick the tricky colors!! LOL!!! But I immediately thought of my loooooooong retired much loved Roses in Winter set. It hasn't seen ink in quite a while so it was time!! I patiently waited for Taylor to post today's sketch challenge so I could get to work. Welcome back Taylor, I've been missing the challenges!!!! Dawn chose bright pink, dark red, celery/moss and cream. I first stamped the largest part of the flower in Raspberry Fizz, the middle was stamped with Bravo Burgundy stamped off once and the small/middle part of the rose was stamped in Bravo Burgundy. I kind of made a one sheet wonder on a small scale. The leaves were stamped in Spring Moss. This color combo is really pretty don't you think?! The sentiment is from my Papertrey Mega Mixed Messages set, stamped in Bravo Burgundy and punched out with SU! circle punch.
I have another idea for the color challenge so I may be back later today!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Winter in Roses, Papertrey Mega Mixed Messages
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz & Spring Moss, SU! Bravo Burgundy
Ink: Papertrey Raspberry Fizz & Spring Moss, SU! Bravo Burgundy
Tools/Accessories: Square & Scalloped Square Nestabilities, SU! Round Punches, Raspberry Fizz Satin Ribbon

20 comments:

  1. Oh Lori...this is stunningly beautiful. What a beautiful job you did on your roses...I can almost smell their lovely fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike. I also combined the two challenges. I love your roses. They work perfect for this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lori! I hope to get time to try Dawn's color challenge later, but I have to tell you I'm sooooo envious of you ladies' flower frogs! My DD used to be a floral deisgner & it's her dream to one day (in an improved economy) have her own shop. Guess in the meantime I need to hit a few antique stores in hopes of finding one for my craft room!!! She said she thinks they had some they threw out when they moved the shop she was working in -- I nearly cried!!! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses are a perfect fit for this challenge. Great job with this fun color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. What an elegant card. Those stamped flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Lori - what a beautiful card! The roses are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty! Love it in those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!! This is a winner definitely, such a super job and wonderful, wonderful CArd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love Roses in Winter! It's one of my favorite SU sets! Great idea for this challenge--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lori, those roses are beautiful! it worked great for dawn's color challenge! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a tricky challenge! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the way you stamped the roses...Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS TAKE ON THE COLORS - LORI!!! Yes - these colors were tricky, but I love them - LOL!!! The Set you used is showcasing these colors perfectly :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!