Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thank You So Much...CAS Style

I found this great sketch on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog, immediately the wheels started turning!! I came up with a couple of ideas I thought were fun!! Usually when I think of clean and simple cards, white always comes to mind. My first card uses white with a little pop of color in the flowers. For this card I used my Scor-Bug as the lines (I am too afraid to try to draw them even with a ruler, I'm sure to mess it up!!!), I did make an error in that I forgot to stop scoring where the sentiment was! It kind of fit nicely in between.

My second card I used my favorite paper piercer. It is from Ornare and I purchased it from Ellen's store quite some time ago, however it hasn't been on her site for a while (I lost it and thought I would need to replace it, thank goodness I found it!!) so I am not sure if it is discontinued. I used the same set for both cards, Floral Fushion from Papertrey, this set was and exclusive set available at CHA. For both cards the flowers are popped up using pop dots and the leaves are popped up using dimentionals, I wanted the flower to stand out a little more and the pop dots are a bit thicker. I am really pleased with how they both turned out and they didn't take much time at all to make!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Floral Fushion
Paper: Papertrey White & Ripe Avocado
Ink: Versamagic Midnight Black & Pink Grapefruit, Brilliance Pearlescent Lime
Tools/Accessories: Scor Bug (white card), Ornare Paper Piercer (Avocado card), Pop Dots & Dimentionals

3 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!