Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering...


I don't think any of us will forget where we were or what we were doing 8 years ago today. I was at work, the radio was on in the background. It was typically just background noise but I will never forget the panic sound of the dj's voice. The local radio station is locally owned and is a sister company to a TV station. The dj was watching live and reporting what he was seeing as it happened. I immediately called my youngest son, he was still in elementary school at the time. Along with most of America, I was petrified. I didn't want to be at work, I wanted to be at home with my husband and boys, where I felt safe but at the same time wondering if we really were safe.
I worked in the automotive industry at the time, the phones immediately stopped ringing and stayed that way. I will never forget how scared or vulnerable I felt. I will never forget how quiet and empty the skies were. I will never forget how I felt for all those that lost their lives and their families. I will never forget watching those planes fly into the Twin Towers and them crumbling to the ground. I will never forget.
I knew last night I wanted to make a card for today using this Quilt Chair image from Rubber Cottage. To me it symbolizes how you feel wrapped up in your favorite blanket or quilt and how we all wanted to feel that day.
Taylor's sketch today fit perfectly for the image. The Potluck Friday challenge on Stamp TV also worked so well, the challenge is weaving. I thought it would be perfect to weave the ribbon I received with my Eclectic Summer Stamp TV kit from Gina K.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Stamps: Rubber Cottage Quilt Chair, Papetrey Let Freedom Ring
Paper: Papertrey White, Gina K Rocket Red, unknown dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools/Accessories: Curved Rectangle Nestabilites, Gina K Ribbon, Lily White Flock Crushed Ribbon, Taylor's Tiny Multi-Colored Twinkles, Copics: C1, B29, E29, R29

4 comments:

  1. Lori, you expressed perfectly what most of us felt 8 years ago today and I too will never forget. Your card is just PERFECT and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous, Lori!!! Perfect for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!!! thanks for creating it & sharing!!
    can not believe it has been 8 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous, what a beautiful image! love the ribbon weave

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!