Friday, January 22, 2010

I Feel Pretty in Turquoise & Gold


Hi everyone!! My card is for this weeks Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger. The inspiration piece is gorgeous!! The wallpaper had ferns so I immediately thought of my Turning a New Leaf set, perfect!! As I was starting to create, I got an idea that I am sure has been done before (though I've never seen it) to run my Versamark marker along the sides of the square, ink the ferns in Versamark and dumped gold embossing powder over the whole thing. It kind of gives the look of another layer and given I don't have gold paper, this works!! I made a mistake in my scoring, I'm kind of glad that happened!! I ran gold cord around that area 3 times! I like how that turned out also!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Turning a New Leaf
Paper: Papertrey White & Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Versamark
Tools/Accessories: Square Nestabilites, Gold Embossing Powder, Versamark Marker, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Pearls, Gold Cord, Pop Dots

19 comments:

  1. I like how this turned out! Really pretty. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love your scored lines and those butterflies are so sweet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool - I love the score lines. It adds such a simple touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is sooo beautiful, I love the scoring and this layout..BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the pop of turquoise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori this turned out so PRETTY!!! Love the turquoise on this!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I like the scoring and it did work out well to leave room for the gold cording--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant looking card. Love your 'mistake'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this turned out. Very elegant!!
    I also love your blog header picture. It looks very serene and peaceful.
    Is this an acutal place??? I would love to live there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it turned out great! Your mistake defitely turned out to be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card Lori! I love all of the details you've added to this - the gold detailing around the middle section is so eyecatching! The gold cord finishes this off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous, such a restful, peaceful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lori! What a pretty approach to this week's Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!