Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Happy Sunday to you!!! I hope your weekend is going well!! The first card I have to share with you today is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast. Today's Featured Stamper is Stephanie.Hargis and my inspiration came from this card! I really liked the layout and how you can use a small image but create a very nice card!!! I used my couch image and Home Sweet Home sentiment from Amuse. For both images I first stamped them in Versamark and then Chocolate Chip in, I then added clear embossing powder. I colored the couch with my Stampin Up markers and for the pillows on the couch I added fun flock just for fun!! The designer paper is from Stampin Up, a retired paper called Rebecca. I used my word window punch to cut out the sentiment and for the brown layer behind I used a cuttlebug die, the white against the designer paper really washed out the sentiment so I needed to add something, then I added pink Bella Baubles above and below the sentiment, there are Espresso Bella Baubles along the bottom side of the card.

My second card for today is for the Our Creative Corner challenge and the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast. The Our Creative Corner challenge was a beautiful inspiration piece. I chose the yellow and brown with a splash of green from the flowers in the picture. I used my new Birds of a Feather from Papertrey. This was my first time inking it up and I really like this set!! I chose the sentiment first and went with the theme the beginning of life, the eggs in the basket. I used Papertrey white cardstock for the card base, Chocolate Chip cardstock and finally Barely Banana. For the Barely Banana layer I used my Scor-Pal, I really like the look of the scored lines. I used Adirondak Espresso, Barely Banana, Lemon Tart and Wild Wasabi inks for this card. The sketch challenge was a lot of fun using the diamond shape!! I cannot beleive I did not use a single embellishment for this card but I really didn't think anything I have would fit on this card and I think the scored lines adds enough detail.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!