Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Challenge Cards

Happy Saturday to you!!! I love the weekends!! So much more laid back, and more importantly, more time to stamp!!!

I have a couple of challenge cards to share with you that I made earlier today. The first card is for Taylors cupcake challenge. Another great layout!!! I also make this card for a brand new challenge, Color Throwdown, the challenge was to use Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Sage Shadow. I thought they were beautiful colors together!! I started out by making a mini one sheet wonder using my Best Blossoms set from Stampin UP! I have not used this set for quite some time and was looking for a different one to use!! I stamped the flowers in Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink, and the leaves on the bottom layer in Sage Shadow. After stamping the flowers I added glue and dazzling diamonds to the center of all the flowers. The small circle sentiment is from Stampin Up! Fancy Flexible Phrases. Another set I haven't used in a while and thought it would be perfect for this challenge!! Around both one sheet wonder layers I sponged around the outside and on the flower layer I was looking for a little something more. Somehow I got an idea to use my glue around the panel and sprinkle more dazzling diamonds. Adds some more great sparkle!!!




The second card I made I have been thinking about almost all week!! When I saw Julee's sketch, I knew I wanted to use one of her new sets that I just received from Verve called Feeling Groovy. When I saw this set I fell in love with the fun sentiments!!! I couldn't quite figure out which image I wanted to use with one of the sentiments. I thought about flowers but that just didn't do anything for me. I then remembered this great stamp from High Hopes called Milton Moose. I thought he would be perfect looking all spiffy for his girl with the pretty bouquet of flowers!!! I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. Isn't he FUN!!! I just love him!!! I couldn't follow the sketch to a "T" and the image is long and I cut the panel down as much as I could. I used some retired Stampin Up designer paper, I think it is Loves Me, not positive as it has been retired for some time now and I no longer have the packaging. I added some Bella Baubles to the card for fun!!! I also added Liquid Glass to his glasses, I love adding that for additional interest!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you are having a GREAT weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lori, thanks for playing our Color challenge--your card is very pretty, especially with all the sparkly glitter! But I have to tell you I cracked up when I saw your card with Milton Moose.....what a hoot! I love it!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! That Moose just cracks me up! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love the Moose!Those are great cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!