Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Technique Lovers and Color Challenges!

Hello!!! Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having as beautiful weather where you are as we are here!!!! I am in heaven!! Absolutely perfect. Seems we never had a spring and jumped right into the hot humid weather here!!! Here is to hoping fall is terrific!! Speaking of which, fall is my very favorite time of year, has been since I was a little girl. The colors are breathtaking, the weather is so nice during the day, cool at night (perfect for sleeping) and no bugs!!! Though I am sad the days are getting shorter, and knowing the cold and snow is right behind doesn't do much for me!!! Winter is my least favorite time of year.

Onto the card for today!! When yesterday's challenge on Splitcoast was posted I wanted to give it a try, Faux Dry Embossing. I couldn't come up with any good ideas until the color challenge for today was posted!!!! The colors are Rose Red, Kraft and Black. Beautiful colors together!!! Emily is amazing with the colors she chooses every week, so many combos I would never think of myself!! I stamped the leaf (from Autumn Leaf Prints) first in Palette Canvas, used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig and stamped again in Rose Red. For the Rose Red panel I used my Fantastic Foliage set (both sets from Stampin Up!), stamping in Versamark and randomly stamping the 2 images. I tied the ribbon in a knot and added the black brads. Simple and easy!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!