Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mad for Plaid


Hi everyone!!!! Today's card is for the Way's to use It challenge on Splitcoast. For today's challenge we were to use plaid in our card!! I girl I work with asked me to make a thank you card for someone she knows. The challenge was perfect for me today!!! She needed a male card and I always associate plaid with male!! I was going to case my good buddy Denise, she sent a card to my hubs for his birthday that was just great!!! It didn't work out though. When I cut out the image, I used my rectangle Nestabilites and the cut was larger than hers so I improvised!! I used my Classic Pickups set from Stampin Up! I love this set!!! Nothing fancy, just stamped it on white cardstock and mounted it on Night of Navy, then a piece of Sahara Sand, Night of Navy again and finally Brocade Blue. The colors worked so well with the designer paper I found in my stash!!! The base card is Sahara Sand, I stamped my Flannel Plaid backround in Sahara Sand ink. Along the side I attached some screw brads from Karen Foster, they are real small so you cannot tell.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! YEA!!! Tomorrow is Friday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is AWESOME....seriously AWESOME! I love that plaid paper, especially paired with the Sahara Sand. BEAUTIFULLY done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!