Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Creative Corner - Anyting but Square


Hello!!! My card for today is for the Our Creative Corner challenge from Saturday, the challenge was to make a card anything but square, eeek!!!!! As luck would have it, my good buddy Denise was at a stamping show a while ago, we were talking and she mentioned these cards and picked some up for me (she also mentioned a few other things but I was a good girl and resisted!!!!) Thanks so much bud!!!!
I was so happy about this challenge as I was thinking about it, this will be my Thanksgiving card for this year!!! The pumpkin image is from the Whimsical Autumn set by Carolyn King such a great set for Alzheimers awareness, Carolyn is donating all of her proceeds to the Alzheimers Association in honor of her Grandmother. My grandmother also had Alzheimers so I was very happy to purchase this set!!!! I colored the pumpkin ad leaves using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I attached that layer to a layer of Old Olive that I punched out with my scallop Nestabilites, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, again punched out with my circle Nestabilites. The base card has the SU set Itty Bitty Backrounds stamped using Old Olive ink. I tied Chocolate Chip and gold cord from SU at the top, added Happy Thanksgiving on the inside!!! Easy, but I am happy with them!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Thanksgiving card. Your family will love them!! I especially like the green speckles...what a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Lori!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Lori! So pretty! Where are my cards!?!?!LOL! BTW I finally finished posting my tag! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty--love the shape--perfect for the pumpkin image! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!