Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CC196 - Taken with Breezy Hoods


Hi there!! I love the name that Emily came up with for today's color challenge on SCS!!! Today's challenge was to use white, Taken with Teal, Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red. If you are a paper crafter you know exactly what I mean when I say, as I was working on this card it took on a life of its own!! LOL!!! The sketch is absolutely nothing like what I had in my head while at work today!!! Still not sure about it. Hubs thinks it looks fine which is sweet!!! I used the stocking from my Christmas Favorites set by Treehouse Stamps. Can you tell I love this set!!! I colored the image using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. You know when I colored this I had completely missed the Taken with Teal!! Ack!! I had left the stocking white thankfully so I was able to incorporate that color. Whew!! I attached the main image on a piece of basic black cut out using my scallop circle Nestabilites. Then attached to a piece of Riding Hood Red and then a piece of Taken with Teal. The base card is textured Baja Breeze along with the tag, also from Nestabilites. The felt ribbon was just sticking out of my mess of ribbon stash and thought, why not!! Initially I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it since it is rather thick ribbon, but just a straight line worked out!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Lori! Love the felt ribbon!! Dont feel bad I almost left off the baja breeze!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and love that ribbon you used!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!