Saturday, July 11, 2009

Poppin Pastels


I have wanted to try this technique for a long time and thanks to 2 challenges I finally did!!! My card is for the Verve sketch challenge with a twist, the twist was to use the Poppin Pastels or Burned Batik technique. This weeks Stamp TV video Gina showed how it was done! Quick, easy and fun!!! The flower image is from Gina's Make A Wish set from a long time ago, I don't think the set is available anymore, I can't find it on her site but I love this flower!! I ran the top cream layer through my Cuttlebug embossing with my Forest Branches folder. The circle seemed a bit empty, I thought about using a sentiment but I'm not sure what I will use the card for so I added dew drops, the colors are such a close match!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K Make A Wish
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Avocado & Bitty Box
Ink: Versamark
Tools/Accessories: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilites, Forest Branches Embossing Folder, Poinsettia Robins Nest Dew Drops, Pebbles Chalk

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!