Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sketch Challenge Card


What a fun sketch on SCS today!!! Initially I wasn't going to participate, I am not good at lining up squares in sketches like this so I get intimidated. Over the weekend I had colored this adorable image I received through the PIF thread on SCS and decided to go for it!!! I ransacked through all of my dp and pulled out my patriotic paper. I used my SU square punch to cut out all of the squares and then lined them up on the blue paper. Once I decided on the layout of the different pieces, I applied the blue to the red piece (both the red and blue paper are from Archivers, I LOVE their red!!!). I attached all of the little squares, attatched the bear image (from Whipper Snapper), then all layers to the PTI White cardstock. It was truely a challenge for me but I loved pulling it all together!!
Thanks again for stopping by!!!! Have a great rest of the evening!!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you did the challenge--it was a fun one, and this is adorable! So now that you know you can do it, we should all do some more, right?!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome patriotic card, Lori! I love your image and your coloring is fabulous! Nice job! :)

    Have a great day!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on a job well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. patriotism is a nice thing to harness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!