Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baking Tilda


Hi everyone, happy Saturday!! Today's card is for Taylor's cupcake challenge from yesterday. Another spectacular sketch!! I decided to use my Baking Tilda image for the sketch. I love these Tilda's and have not colored one up in a while!! I colored her using my Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps, except for the skin, I used my Copic marker to color in those areas and for the wings, pan and to highlight Tilda I used my Sakura Gelly Roll pens, love a little sparkle!! I cut Tilda out using my Large Lables Nestabilites, layered on a piece of Dark Chocolate cut out using my rectangle scalloped Nestabilites and then a final layer of Raspberry Fizz cardstock using my rectangle Nestabilites. The base card is Raspberry Fizz, a layer of Dark Chocolate and finally a layer of designer from Basic Grey, the Bittersweet paper pack. I used Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, adding a Prima Flower and in the center I used Warm Lipstick Distress Stickles. I also added the Stickles to the corners of the Dark Chocolate layer that Tilda is on. For the sentiment I used my Paper Tray set from Papertrey, creating "hello note". I stamped the sentiment in my glue pad and sprinkled brown glitter over. It is a very fine glitter so I thought it would be fun to try it out and see how it worked, I like it!!! I added the same Prima flowers, just smaller to each side of the sentiment using Stickles in the middle. I knew the sketch to begin with and everything came together from there, as I went along!! LOL!!!
This card goes out to my friend Shannon, we were talking last night and I got in trouble with her because I had not used my Raspberry Fizz cardstock yet!! She doesn't have any yet and has been drooling over it!! LOL!!! Here's to you Shannon!! I did it!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

  1. sooo cute!!! Yayyy Im glad you used the paper!!!LOL!! I needed something to make me smile! Thanks girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, baking Tilda is a cuuuutie!...'cuz you know I'm converted now, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Love it! You colored her beautifully! I like that layout too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lori! Great coloring on that cute, cute image! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful -- I love Tilda-- so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! SO CUTE! I need to get this Tilda - where do you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is beautiful, I really do need to buy some of these stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!