Friday, June 18, 2010

Rose



Hi everyone!! Wow, I didn't realize it has been since Sunday that I have updated, and the sad thing is I do have a couple of cards made! But, I got my PTI order today and I could not wait to play with my new Year of Flowers Roses set!! For a while I have been hoping they would come out with a rose set and my wish came true!! Nichole did such a fantastic job designing this gorgeous set!!! I will be giving this card to my Mom for her birthday. As I was putting it together it came to me that I made her Mother's day card with Hawaiian Shores color too!! So I decided to use my Simply Chartreuse felt cutting the leaves out with my Delightful Dahlia dies, added a piece of cardstock and the ribbon to bring the color together.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Year of Flowers: Roses
Paper: Papertrey White & Simply Chartreuse
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools/Accessories: Delightful Dahlia dies, Simply Chartreuse felt & satin ribbon, Pop Dots, Papertrey Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, Copics: BG13, BG15, BG49

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE THIS Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORD HAVE MERCY ......... this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic Rose! Oh my that is fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful this card is. I just love the color you made your rose too. You are so lucky your order arrived! No package today with my order :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a beautiful card. I don't think I would have thought to use this color, but I really love it. I guess I don't think out of the box enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Lori! I am so jealous that you have your rose stamp already! ;-> Beautiful card, just perfect for your mom's birthday. I'm gonna have to get that impression plate, now . . . :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous color combo and the BG just accents the rose very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at 'blue'! I love blue flowers and you did an amazing job coloring this!! Beautiful!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful - and you did say that this would be the first new set you would ink up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, this is EXQUISITE Lori, you lucky gal, I hope my rose arrives TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! That impression plate is perfect to use with the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously...this is absolutely gorgeous!! Your copic coloring is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!! Beautiful impression too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! you are so lucky you got your order so fast. I don't think mine has even shipped yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful rose!! you colored it perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Lori, lovely coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coloring is awesome! Your card makes me wish I would have ordered the rose too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a totally and completely fabby colour combination this is!
    So unusual for a rose - but it completely sings! I can only believe that you mum will LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stunning, Lori! I love that big ol' pop of color on the white. Yep, I'm going to have to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blue rose. Those colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you're quick on the draw w/the new stamps! Pretty card.
    My PTI pkg spent 2 days just sitting in MO w/UPS - supposed to arrive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a great job on this card. I love the way you did the shading with your copics. It looks just perfect. I love the color of Hawaiian Shores.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful job on the rose, awesome shading and colors. You're going to make me need some of the impression plates now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowzers, Lori! This is just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts with me!!